Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac book pro not going to command + R recovery

My Mai Bo will not go into recovery R command

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2022 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:53 PM

The laptop has a firmware lock enabled. You need to enter the firmware password to continue. If you don't know the firmware password, then you will need to take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with the proper proof of purchase and personal ID. I highly recommend you call ahead to confirm exactly what paper work and ID will be acceptable. If you cannot provide the firmware password or the proper proof of purchase/ID, then there is nothing else that can be done. If you just purchased this laptop used, then return it for a full refund since the previous owner did not properly prepare it for resale since there is no way you can remove it yourself.

See this Apple article regarding the firmware lock:

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 4:53 PM in response to lanealfromhouston

The laptop has a firmware lock enabled. You need to enter the firmware password to continue. If you don't know the firmware password, then you will need to take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with the proper proof of purchase and personal ID. I highly recommend you call ahead to confirm exactly what paper work and ID will be acceptable. If you cannot provide the firmware password or the proper proof of purchase/ID, then there is nothing else that can be done. If you just purchased this laptop used, then return it for a full refund since the previous owner did not properly prepare it for resale since there is no way you can remove it yourself.

See this Apple article regarding the firmware lock:

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

My mac book pro not going to command + R recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.