Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Apple ID be changed from gmail to icloud e-mail address domains?

I created my Apple ID using my gmail address, however I would like to change it to my iCloud.com domain e-mail address.

I created the icloud e-mail address and tested it. It works, however it can not be used as my Apple ID.

Is there a limitation on this?

Tried Change your Apple ID - Apple Support both from my iPhone and from my Windows Laptop. Nothing seems to work.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Denis

Posted on May 29, 2022 3:16 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2022 6:28 AM in response to denisache

An Apple ID say example1@gmail.com is signed in Mac system preferences before following upcoming steps overwrite the iCloud Keychain verification code , if that is not in records ( as it will be further required ) iCloud security code - Apple Community

, to create an apple id say eample2@icloud.com see a thread sign out from secondary authentication ac… - Apple Community

in the screen shot posted in the thread click on create Apple ID , use mail address as example2@icloud.com with different password not same as your primary Apple ID account , in upcoming steps you will need security answers for respective questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password ( that must be in your records ) , once Apple ID using iCloud domain is established in Mac system preferences .

If iPhone / window computer were synced ( signed in with same Apple ID say example1@gmail.com and password on the same network ) with Mac , the new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com has to updated see the article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Can't Apple ID be changed from gmail to icloud e-mail address domains?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.