Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Vizio tv to my MacBook

Connect Vizio tv to Mac book?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:48 AM

If your TV is AirPlay 2-enabled, then you can stream via AirPlay and AirPlay screen mirroring over the home network.

List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your Apple device - Apple Support

Supported smart TVs will have settings for AirPlay in their menus.

If your TV is not AirPlay-enabled from the factory, then you may consider an external streaming device with AirPlay capabilities, e.g. the Apple TV box.

Else you may want to consider connecting by HDMI. If your model Mac has Thunderbolt 3 or later (shaped like USB-C) but not HDMI, then you may use an additional Thunderbolt-to-HDMI adapter for that.

MacBook Air → HDMI apter → HDMI cable → TV

Note that HDMI ports, HDMI adapters, and HDMI cables have various standards that determine the bandwidth, and may restrict resolution to e.g. HD 1080p.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 4:48 AM in response to B6823w

If your TV is AirPlay 2-enabled, then you can stream via AirPlay and AirPlay screen mirroring over the home network.

List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your Apple device - Apple Support

Supported smart TVs will have settings for AirPlay in their menus.

If your TV is not AirPlay-enabled from the factory, then you may consider an external streaming device with AirPlay capabilities, e.g. the Apple TV box.

Else you may want to consider connecting by HDMI. If your model Mac has Thunderbolt 3 or later (shaped like USB-C) but not HDMI, then you may use an additional Thunderbolt-to-HDMI adapter for that.

MacBook Air → HDMI apter → HDMI cable → TV

Note that HDMI ports, HDMI adapters, and HDMI cables have various standards that determine the bandwidth, and may restrict resolution to e.g. HD 1080p.

How do I connect my Vizio tv to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.