Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch - unknown error 400

I have a brand new iPod Touch. ( I also for reference have an iPod Classic)

I run Windows 11. and have iTunes installed.

I connected iPod Touch when I tried to update the message I get is unknown error 400. therefore cannot update.

With my Classic no problem message reads my Classic is up to date,

Second question I have 4000 songs on both iPods is there a way to transfer them to my USB drive so to listen to the music in my car.

Thank you I hope someone can assist.

Michael

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:05 AM

6 replies

May 30, 2022 2:37 AM in response to michaelfrompurley

michaelfrompurley wrote:

Regarding the transfer of my 4000 songs from my playlist to my USB stick can you help? I have tried cut and paste no luck as there too many songs.

You cannot copy music from an iPod to a USB stick. (I assume that you don't actually want to cut and paste them.)

Instead, copy from your computer to the USB stick. You should be able to drag and drop from iTunes to the stick. If there are too many, copy a few at a time until you've copied them all.

You should be able to connect the iPod to your car's stereo, unless it's a very old car.

May 30, 2022 4:17 AM in response to the fiend

Thank you, Sorry I did mean to say from the iTunes playlist on my computer.

However, I don't know how to do this (drag and drop). The only way I know is to select all then copy and paste on my USB stick. drive, unfortunately due to large amount of songs it doesn't work.

Is there a way of copying a selected list at a time?

Sorry for being such a nuisance.

Thank you

May 30, 2022 6:42 AM in response to michaelfrompurley

michaelfrompurley wrote:

However, I don't know how to do this (drag and drop). The only way I know is to select all then copy and paste on my USB stick. drive, unfortunately due to large amount of songs it doesn't work.
Is there a way of copying a selected list at a time?

Select the one list that you wish to copy. If the drag and drop doesn't work by simply selecting the Playlist name, use the method below.

To select part of a list, or every song in a Playlist, select the first item that you wish to copy, hold down the Shift key and select the last item. This selects the first, last and every item in between. Then simply hold down the left mouse button and drag that list to your USB stick's icon.

You can also select individual items as a group, by using the CTRL key instead of the Shift key. Select the first item, then hold down (and keep holding down) the CTRL key and select the other individual items that you want. If you select an item in error, simply click on it again it again to de-select it.

iPod Touch - unknown error 400

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.