Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macintosh Hd is missing

I am usimg mac air 11" early 2014 edition. While using the device, it suddenly freeze with a spinning wheel. I did a force shutdown by holding the power button. After I switch it ON the whole screen turned black but the keyboard has its lights on. I force shutdown again and went on recovery mode by using command R. I wanted to repair disk but the Macinntosh HD is missing only left the apple ssd and the OS Base System. I cannot repair, erase nor reinstall because of the missing HD. I tried the terminal by typing "diskutil cs list" to check but the response is "No CoreStorage logical volume groups found".. Is there anyway i can do to fix the problem or do i need to replace my SSD. Its quite difficult to ask for repair due to pandemic still. Hope someone can help. Thank you.

MacBook Air 11″, 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:41 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2022 12:16 PM in response to bagani

Hey there bagani,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Since you do not see your Macintosh HD, the steps under the "If you don’t see Macintosh HD in Disk Utility" section here can help:

Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple directly here to investigate:

Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Macintosh Hd is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.