You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would a device (Apple Watch) that I didn't bring with me, last show at a location I was without it?

Left an Apple Watch in my beach bag two days ago at home. Its battery died over the course of 48 hours. When I notice today that its not on its charger, I immediately check the Find My App to see where it was last seen.

The watch showed it was last seen at a restaurant that I visited a few hours prior. I look at my ring cameras and see that I wasn't wearing it when I came home, so I call restaurant asking if it was turned in. Since they didn't have it, I enabled lost mode on the watch.

I then check the ring camera from when I last left the house and I'm not wearing the watch. Another search of the house and I found it in the beach bag.

Question is, why wouldn't the last location show the house if it was in the beach bag the whole time with wifi access and bluetooth proximity to my phone up until it died? Why would it last show at a restaurant that I did visit late last night, if I did not have my watch physically with me?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 29, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:49 AM

I have heard that sometimes when the watch battery dies that 'Find My' will report the last known location of the watch as the iPhone it was/is paired to.

Similar questions

2 replies

Why would a device (Apple Watch) that I didn't bring with me, last show at a location I was without it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.