Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Plan login?

Phones are in my wife's name, I added 50gb of icloud, my question is if I set her phone up to family sharing for me to use what will happen to my free 5gb I am using. Also what will I see on my phone under icloud storage. Will I see the added storage, when I go to back up my phone do I still using my apple id & password, we both have the same apple password, but different apple id's. If it gets to comlicated I will just buy 50gb for my phone.

Thank you.

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:03 PM

See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If you are on family sharing and she elects to share her 50GB plan you will be automatically added to her plan. See below from the above support article:

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

You will both have access to any unused amount in the 50GB plan.

Any data in your 5GB plan will continue to be accessed via your Apple ID as before but will be part of the 50GB storage. You continue to backup as before, using your own Apple ID and the backup will use any previously unused storage in the 50GB plan.

It's sort of like you each have your own separate plans but the total storage cannot exceed 50GB and there is only one billing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 1:03 PM in response to Gary 777

See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If you are on family sharing and she elects to share her 50GB plan you will be automatically added to her plan. See below from the above support article:

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

You will both have access to any unused amount in the 50GB plan.

Any data in your 5GB plan will continue to be accessed via your Apple ID as before but will be part of the 50GB storage. You continue to backup as before, using your own Apple ID and the backup will use any previously unused storage in the 50GB plan.

It's sort of like you each have your own separate plans but the total storage cannot exceed 50GB and there is only one billing.

Family Plan login?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.