Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot last week my Apple Watch in another city and my fried have it how is possible that find my iPhone app said my Apple Watch was yesterday here at my home, clearly is. It working the find my

I forgot last week my Apple Watch in another city and my fried have it for me until I can go back for it, how is possible that find my iPhone app said my Apple Watch was yesterday here at my home, i think the system is not working right

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:27 PM

alflv Said

"I forgot last week my Apple Watch in another city and my fried have it how is possible that find my iPhone app said my Apple Watch was yesterday here at my home, clearly is. It working the find my"

-------

Locating a Lost Apple Watch:

A. Start Here: If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

B. About the Location:

The location being shown is the location of the device it was last synced with that itself was connected tot the internet. This is because Apple Watches are not assigned their own IP Address. So, if it was not syncing with anything while on you trip, then that would be why it is showing up.

Also...

C. Check you luggage (or what have you).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 8:27 PM in response to alflv

alflv Said

"I forgot last week my Apple Watch in another city and my fried have it how is possible that find my iPhone app said my Apple Watch was yesterday here at my home, clearly is. It working the find my"

-------

Locating a Lost Apple Watch:

A. Start Here: If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

B. About the Location:

The location being shown is the location of the device it was last synced with that itself was connected tot the internet. This is because Apple Watches are not assigned their own IP Address. So, if it was not syncing with anything while on you trip, then that would be why it is showing up.

Also...

C. Check you luggage (or what have you).

Jun 4, 2022 8:18 AM in response to alflv

alflv Said/

“When I left the watch I have the location for the Watch in San Diego and then 3 days later find my iPhone said my Apple Watch is in Las Vegas when I’m reality still in San Diego how is posible ?”

———-

Any VPN?:

Do you use a VPN? What is it doing is running you through VPN (Virtual Private Network), and your location is seen elsewhere — perhaps a location that this site is inaccessible to.

I forgot last week my Apple Watch in another city and my fried have it how is possible that find my iPhone app said my Apple Watch was yesterday here at my home, clearly is. It working the find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.