Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use mobile data to back up my iCloud

I wish to use my mobile data to backup my iCloud

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 30, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 3:40 AM

You don't backup your iCloud - you backup your device TO iCloud. See How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud

With the exception of iPhone Models that support 5G (iPhone SE 3rd generation; iPhone 12 or later) you will need to use Wi-Fi.

Read Apple's note regarding iOS backups via 5G:

On models that support 5G your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 3:40 AM in response to shmurda128

You don't backup your iCloud - you backup your device TO iCloud. See How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud

With the exception of iPhone Models that support 5G (iPhone SE 3rd generation; iPhone 12 or later) you will need to use Wi-Fi.

Read Apple's note regarding iOS backups via 5G:

On models that support 5G your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

Can I use mobile data to back up my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.