Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light on AirPods case goes out when I charge the AirPods case

I saw a response to this problem that said just because the light goes out, does not mean that the AirPods are not being charged. Is this true?

I have just bought the AirPods and this is the first time I am charging them.

I am using the cable that came with the AirPods. The cable is with my new MacBook pro which I also bought at the time I bought the AirPods.

How will I know when the AirPods have been charged?

Thank you for answering these 2 questions.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 30, 2022 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:15 PM

When you connect your MagSafe Charging Case or Wireless Charging Case to a charger, or place it on a Qi-certified charging mat, the status light will stay on for 8 seconds. If the light flashes white, your AirPods are ready to set up with one of your devices. If the light flashes amber, you might need to set up your AirPods again.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 5:15 PM in response to JanetIM

When you connect your MagSafe Charging Case or Wireless Charging Case to a charger, or place it on a Qi-certified charging mat, the status light will stay on for 8 seconds. If the light flashes white, your AirPods are ready to set up with one of your devices. If the light flashes amber, you might need to set up your AirPods again.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life - Apple Support

Light on AirPods case goes out when I charge the AirPods case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.