Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search function in mail not working

I rely heavily on the Search function in mail and it is no longer working with the latest OS update. Any advice?

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:39 AM

robin329 wrote:

I rely heavily on the Search function in mail and it is no longer working with the latest OS update. Any advice?

for your Mail—

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

verify in Spotlight Preferences mail is included

>System Preferences>Spotlight

2 replies

Jun 2, 2022 4:34 PM in response to robin329

My Apple PC has just been updated to Monterey and my Apple Mail search is no longer working. (this has been working for years perfectly well till the new upgrade) I have been trying to find solutions on the web but nothing seems to work. The Search is only giving (if that) results that are in the Inbox. I have numerous folders on my Mac which I constantly use which are unable to be included in my search. In short: My search results are not including my folders and therefore giving me false results. I would appreciate it if you could please let me know how I can rectify this

Any help on this would be much appreciated

search function in mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.