Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID will not let me change my credit card, cancel my old on, or add a new one. What can I do?

Apple ID will not let me change my credit card, cancel my old on, or add a new one. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:37 PM

What happens when you try to change your credit card? Error message(s)?

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

3 replies

May 31, 2022 1:12 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for responding. An Apple tech called and explained my situation: As far as I understand, here’s what happened: 5 years ago I disputed a $31 charge on my credit card. At that point, Apple “banned that credit card forever,” though I never knew about it. I have tried several times over the years to switch to that card but always got an error message. I finally investigated it yesterday. Apple’s response: pay the $31 or use a different card. I don’t remember the dispute. I switched to another card and moved on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.