You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I authorize a MacBook Pro 2014

I have an old Macbook Pro (intel version) which I would like to use for my workshop.

It has not been used for years and I tried to erase it and restore it but it is stuck on disk utilities.

If I connect to the internet, it starts to contact Apple and then shows an error.

How do I reset this Macbook Pro so that it has all of its apps? I have the original software disks.

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 10:10 AM

If you have the original install disks, insert disk 1 and turn it on. It should show the disk; select it and boot from that. Install your OS (and first delete whatever is on the internal if necessary).

However, that brings up a question: Apple changed to OS download installs in 2011/12, so what year is your Mac?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2022 10:10 AM in response to Luthier53

If you have the original install disks, insert disk 1 and turn it on. It should show the disk; select it and boot from that. Install your OS (and first delete whatever is on the internal if necessary).

However, that brings up a question: Apple changed to OS download installs in 2011/12, so what year is your Mac?

How do I authorize a MacBook Pro 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.