Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad I own is being managed? self employed, no school

I do not understand a response I am getting when I attempt to reset my iPad. I purchased it, it has never been part of an organization or school, I have the Apple store receipt. I turned off restrictions, changed my password and signed out of Apple ID on I cloud. Still the same message. I don’t want to be managed.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 30, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:13 PM

Shutting off VPN clients can be insufficient to clear the problems that some those can introduce. Remove the VPN app entirely, restart, and try again. Other add-on “security” apps can cause similar issues, and those too are best removed and then restarted for testing.

9 replies

May 30, 2022 2:41 PM in response to ProustGiulio

The mystery continues. I deleted the app and did a hard reset on the IPad. I don’t have any security software on the device. I am not enrolled in family settings. (Just me and my iPhone and IPad on the same apple ID. The IPhone doesn’t have this response.) Went back to General and attempted a reset. Same response.

Jun 1, 2022 9:00 AM in response to Nkp718

Nkp718 wrote:

Still the same response. No other profiles listed. This wasn’t shipped to me. It was picked up in the Apple store. It did not start with this message as I have to reset network settings now and then. This is new. Will make an appointment.

Directly contact Apple Support, as it appears this iPad is pre-configured for another customer; a fulfillment mistake.

Ipad I own is being managed? self employed, no school

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.