Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Air does not receive files through Airdrop

Hi! I have a little problem with my Ipad Air, OS 15.4.1

It can send files through AirDrop but can not receive. What do you think what is the problem ?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 30, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 3:05 AM

AirDrop is a pier-to-pier file sharing service. There are several reasons that you may be able to send but not receive an AirDrop file - these usually being resolved by changing your AirDrop receive settings (as shown here in being configured to only receive from known Contacts):

If changing your AirDrop settings doesn’t resolve the problem, toggling the WiFi and Bluetooth radios off and the on from iPad Settings can also clear AirDrop issues.

This guide from iMore may be helpful:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-airdrop-iphone-ipad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 3:05 AM in response to daiana2101

AirDrop is a pier-to-pier file sharing service. There are several reasons that you may be able to send but not receive an AirDrop file - these usually being resolved by changing your AirDrop receive settings (as shown here in being configured to only receive from known Contacts):

If changing your AirDrop settings doesn’t resolve the problem, toggling the WiFi and Bluetooth radios off and the on from iPad Settings can also clear AirDrop issues.

This guide from iMore may be helpful:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-airdrop-iphone-ipad

May 30, 2022 6:54 PM in response to daiana2101

daiana2101 Said:

"Ipad Air does not receive files through Airdrop: Hi! I have a little problem with my Ipad Air, OS 15.4.1 It can send files through AirDrop but can not receive. What do you think what is the problem ?"

-------

Troubleshooting Airdrop:

A. Try New Connection Sessions:

Enable, then disable, each of these in Settings:

• Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Cellular

B. Using a VPN?

If you are using a VPN, then disable it, seeing if you no longer get this error.

Ipad Air does not receive files through Airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.