Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to force sign out apple id from mac book

I want to sign out my apple ID from my mac book to use a different one ,i don't know the password for it any help ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:50 PM

Hello,

Resetting your Apple ID password is likely easier than removing the device.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"If you forgot your Apple ID password 

If you have issues when you try to sign in with your Apple ID password, use these steps to reset it and regain access to your account.

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

"Permanently remove a device from your account page

If you're still signed in with your Apple ID on the device, it might reappear on your account page the next time your device connects to the Internet. To permanently remove the device from your account page, sign out of iCloud, iTunes & App Stores, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center on that device, or erase that device."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 7:50 PM in response to espinozzzzzzza

Hello,

Resetting your Apple ID password is likely easier than removing the device.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"If you forgot your Apple ID password 

If you have issues when you try to sign in with your Apple ID password, use these steps to reset it and regain access to your account.

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

"Permanently remove a device from your account page

If you're still signed in with your Apple ID on the device, it might reappear on your account page the next time your device connects to the Internet. To permanently remove the device from your account page, sign out of iCloud, iTunes & App Stores, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center on that device, or erase that device."

I hope this helps.

how to force sign out apple id from mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.