Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with update

I have a series 2 watch that has worked just fine, but now I am struggling to update it. The watch is reset to factory settings and must be set up as a new watch.

When I connect it to the phone I am told that it must be updated, but when I start the update it fails every time.

The attached screen shot is in Norwegian, translated it says: "Can not check for updates. Search for software updates failed because you are not connected to the Internet."

The iPhone is connected to the internet, and is updated with the latest iOS.

Any help with this issue would be highly appreciated.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 2:02 AM

If you see not connected to internet

It's technically possible to pair a watch 1 or 2 to a newer phone,but in reality this is proving almost impossible for just about all the 1&2 owners on this forum.

Newer phone's require the watch to have updated hardware to cope with ios15 and unfortunately because of the age of these watches the hardware is very limited to what it can do.

Then there is the subject of storage,these watches have very little storage space and the average software update now requires gigabytes of space rather than megabytes and again these watches are very limited with the amount of storage space they have.

It is recommended that even a watch 3 should be unpaired and repaired in order to free up enough space to update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 2:02 AM in response to mortenkstrand

If you see not connected to internet

It's technically possible to pair a watch 1 or 2 to a newer phone,but in reality this is proving almost impossible for just about all the 1&2 owners on this forum.

Newer phone's require the watch to have updated hardware to cope with ios15 and unfortunately because of the age of these watches the hardware is very limited to what it can do.

Then there is the subject of storage,these watches have very little storage space and the average software update now requires gigabytes of space rather than megabytes and again these watches are very limited with the amount of storage space they have.

It is recommended that even a watch 3 should be unpaired and repaired in order to free up enough space to update.

Problems with update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.