Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AF-1004 error message

I’m getting an “AF-1004” error message from my Apple TV set up whenever I ask Siri to switch to Spectrum tv. I am otherwise able to watch (stream) everything else on Apple. I have no other network connection issues with my desktop, laptop, or iPad, so I don’t really think I have an issue here. Is the best approach to go directly to Spectrum or can I reboot something on my own? I’ve unplugged everything but the router a few times without success. Also, before this happened I had a problem where the Apple remote failed to work at all and I had to use the remote from the connected DVD player to even power up the system.

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 5:16 AM

The Spectrum app is giving this error, so Spectrum Support should at least be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably A for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-close the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download from the App Store and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 5:16 AM in response to Kilkee526

The Spectrum app is giving this error, so Spectrum Support should at least be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably A for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-close the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download from the App Store and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.

AF-1004 error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.