Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music library

When I restart my computer, my iTunes is on Apple Music, which I have not subscribed to, and I cannot access my music library. How can I access my music library?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:41 AM

With the release of macOS Catalina a few years ago, the iTunes app became the Music app and was also split into the TV, Books and Podcasts apps. Apple's Music app does not require a subscription to access if you have no interest in purchasing or streaming music from the Apple catalog.

I think you just need to direct your Music app to your previous iTunes music library.

For guidance about how to do that, please see:

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 9:41 AM in response to MyMusicLibraryCompilation

With the release of macOS Catalina a few years ago, the iTunes app became the Music app and was also split into the TV, Books and Podcasts apps. Apple's Music app does not require a subscription to access if you have no interest in purchasing or streaming music from the Apple catalog.

I think you just need to direct your Music app to your previous iTunes music library.

For guidance about how to do that, please see:

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

My music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.