Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting files using Final Cut Pro

Using the icon in upper right of Final Cut Pro only sends .img file to the hard drive on my iMac. It does not export to either DVD or any usable file. I am therefore unable to share video with my family. This starting after upgrading to Monterey V-12.4. I also updated to Final Cut Pro on May 23rd, 2022. Thank you for any advice.

Posted on May 31, 2022 11:26 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 1, 2022 9:17 AM in response to dogsaluki

Incidentally, that .img file is probably fine. It is just that instead of exporting directly to a DVD disc, the export is saved to this file - which you can then burn to disc (and more than once, too).

Try this: double-click the img file and start DVD Player on your mac - you should be able to play your "DVD".

Also: in the export window, click Settings. You should see something like the image below. Note that it says "Hard Drive".

This is why you get a .img file (which is actually a good idea, but we will leave that for later).

If you have a DVD drive attached, you can change from "Hard Drive" to the name of your DVD drive, and burn the disc.

Jun 1, 2022 8:52 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you - exported and saved a small file this morning. Going to try larger file this weekend. Still unable to export to DVD.

Not sure what DVD 1, DVD 2, and DVD 3 means. This is something new. Exporting to DVD 1 results in .img file (unusable). I've had Final Cut Pro since 2019. This is the first time unable exporting to DVD. Main difficulty is lack of a function showing progress of the export. Usually sit and sit waiting for the message "Export Successful". Hope I have attached the screenshot image - never used this function before. Have a good day - Suzanne R.

Exporting files using Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.