Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS Messages Transfer Android to iPhone

I have been unable to transfer text messages from my old work-issued Samsung Galaxy S10E to a newly issued iPhone 13 mini. I tried the iPhone wi-fi transfer program with Android partner app on startup, the Samsung SmartSwitch app with the cable, and multiple iterations of each using the cell service provider messaging app, Samsung messaging app and the Google Messages app as the primary text app on the Galaxy. I have also tried backing my Galaxy up to Google Drive and to Google 1. The iPhone has not collected the SMS messages from my Galaxy under any of these attempts, even after going into the iPhone's main messaging settings and turning off MMS.

I refuse to believe that these two "flagship" cell phone manufacturers, and their respective operating systems, cannot understand how to transfer SMS messages. Suggestions?

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 9:58 AM

Thanks for the reply. I actually found the only solution that works... I convinced IT to dump the iPhone and issue me a Galaxy S22 instead. Very smooth transfer of all of my data, files, apps, accounts, etc., even transferred all my screen setups. It's like my old phone has moved into my brand new phone with a few simple touches of the screen! PERFECT!\

Signed,

Still Not iMpressed!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 9:58 AM in response to WaitingToBeImpressed

Thanks for the reply. I actually found the only solution that works... I convinced IT to dump the iPhone and issue me a Galaxy S22 instead. Very smooth transfer of all of my data, files, apps, accounts, etc., even transferred all my screen setups. It's like my old phone has moved into my brand new phone with a few simple touches of the screen! PERFECT!\

Signed,

Still Not iMpressed!

Jun 1, 2022 11:18 AM in response to WaitingToBeImpressed

Hello WaitingToBeImpressed,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You've tried some great troubleshooting so far.

After you've tried the steps in the 'If you need help with the transfer' section of Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, you will need to contact Apple Support if this continues. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

SMS Messages Transfer Android to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.