Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro won’t resart all the way! It stops on the progress bar. Who can guide me through a fix?

My MacBook Pro won’t restart! It freezes on the progress bar. What do I do?

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:34 PM

It would really help to know the exact model of the Mac and the version of macOS being used. If you cannot boot the Mac, then you can get the exact model by entering your serial number here:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the laptop will boot to the Desktop. Safe Mode disables third party software from automatically launching, plus it runs a file system check and deletes some temp & cache files which may interfere with booting.

Here is an Apple article for some other steps:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

You may also want to run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 4:34 PM in response to dougfromcardiff

It would really help to know the exact model of the Mac and the version of macOS being used. If you cannot boot the Mac, then you can get the exact model by entering your serial number here:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the laptop will boot to the Desktop. Safe Mode disables third party software from automatically launching, plus it runs a file system check and deletes some temp & cache files which may interfere with booting.

Here is an Apple article for some other steps:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

You may also want to run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

My MacBook Pro won’t resart all the way! It stops on the progress bar. Who can guide me through a fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.