Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect locked iPhone to Wifi

Hi, are there any way to connect iPhone to Wifi (to which it was already connected, so it has registered the password) when iPhone is locked?

I'm going to explain better.

I forgot the passcode to unlock my iPhone. I turned the phone off, and when I turned it on again, it doesn't connect to Wifi (I have no access to control center, and Siri as well, since it asks for the password).

Note:

• the wifi was previously associated with my iPhone (I mean: iPhone has the password, so it could connect)
  • Before restarting my phone I've previously disconnect wifi connection (because I wanted to use mobile data instead of it) but NOT turned off the wifi (I just clicked the blue button on control center which so became grey).
  • I need to let iPhone backup automatically with iCloud so that I won't lose my data before erasing it (but it will only backup if connected to wifi, that's why I'm asking this question).

Hope someone can find a solution.

Mattia

iPhone 11

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 11:25 AM

Hello mattiabertacchini,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. There is currently no option to connect an iPhone to Wi-Fi network or initiate an iCloud backup if the device has been disabled due to incorrect passcode attempts. Take a look at the following resource for help with removing the passcode:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode

Let us know if you run into any issues. Be sure to include specific error messages and any steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 11:25 AM in response to mattiabertacchini

Hello mattiabertacchini,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. There is currently no option to connect an iPhone to Wi-Fi network or initiate an iCloud backup if the device has been disabled due to incorrect passcode attempts. Take a look at the following resource for help with removing the passcode:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode

Let us know if you run into any issues. Be sure to include specific error messages and any steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Connect locked iPhone to Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.