Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud storage

I pay for 200GB of icloud storage; i keep getting notified that i have to add more (only 31.4 used). When i say ok to add more it's asking me to "upgrade" to 100'GB??

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 31, 2022 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 3:08 PM

Thank you for reply! I'm seeing it for One Drive. I was confused since (obviously) I've been paying for the 200GB storage on the cloud. I looked up the difference... do you think I should have both? Or, which is the better one?? Doesn't Apple own them both?

4 replies

May 31, 2022 3:13 PM in response to Marys360

Where are you seeing this option for 100GB exactly?

Apple does not offer 100GB as an option for iCloud at all, so it sounds like what you are looking at is not actually iCloud.

Is it maybe Windows asking you to add storage for their own cloud service One Drive maybe?

One Drive and iCloud are separate services and would not share or use the same storage at all.

Jun 2, 2022 7:16 AM in response to Marys360

You should have the one you use. Both if you use both. I do not know which one you are really using.

Apple owns iCloud. Microsoft owns One Drive. They are separate companies entirely, and separate cloud storage options. Apple has nothing at all to do with One Drive. Different brands for a similar service.

You need to understand which storage you are actually using, and which by storage extension you would need to pay for.

Icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.