Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to check whether my phone is genuine or not with seriel no.

Something is wrong with my screen so am scared whether it’s genuine or not

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:02 PM

zeebo97 Said:

"Where to check whether my phone is genuine or not with seriel no.: Something is wrong with my screen so am scared whether it’s genuine or not I bought it from small shop and my screen actually half blacked out and when i turn it off and restart then it got back to normal"

-------

Verifying a Genuine Device:

Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. If all shows up as the device type you have then you are all set, and there is nothing to worry about.

So, return this. If you were sold a damaged device, then apparently, it was not diagnosed correctly. So, request a return.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 10:02 PM in response to zeebo97

zeebo97 Said:

"Where to check whether my phone is genuine or not with seriel no.: Something is wrong with my screen so am scared whether it’s genuine or not I bought it from small shop and my screen actually half blacked out and when i turn it off and restart then it got back to normal"

-------

Verifying a Genuine Device:

Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. If all shows up as the device type you have then you are all set, and there is nothing to worry about.

So, return this. If you were sold a damaged device, then apparently, it was not diagnosed correctly. So, request a return.

May 31, 2022 10:14 PM in response to zeebo97

You are aware that a serial number can be copied, right? That a serial number is meaningless, as evidence goes?

You can chase serial numbers, or you can bring your failing device in for an estimate and potentially then for repairs, and the folks equipped to perform the repairs will be able to identify a counterfeit device.

If the device requires a repair.

Now one more detail here, before repairs: was this the top if the display that blanked, and did you possibly trigger reachability?

Reach the top of the iPhone screen with one hand - Apple Support

If so, the blanking is expected.

Where to check whether my phone is genuine or not with seriel no.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.