Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get all my iCloud info back onto any new phone I receive?

Doing an iCloud backup seems understandable enough. My question is what is the process to get all my iCloud info back onto any new phone I receive?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:22 AM

It’s amazingly transparent and impressive to see it work.

Even your “old” screen arrangement is duplicated.

If you have a new phone (replacing a lost or stolen phone) during the setup you’ll be asked if you want to restore from your iCloud backup.

Select “yes” and it’s off and running.

You’ll see all your data download, followed by re-installing of your apps.

Any cards in your wallet will reinstall as well, although you WILL have to re-enter each credit card’s security code.

IF you are “upgrading” and still possess your old phone, there’s a slightly different - and faster process outlined here:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 8:22 AM in response to elidhood

It’s amazingly transparent and impressive to see it work.

Even your “old” screen arrangement is duplicated.

If you have a new phone (replacing a lost or stolen phone) during the setup you’ll be asked if you want to restore from your iCloud backup.

Select “yes” and it’s off and running.

You’ll see all your data download, followed by re-installing of your apps.

Any cards in your wallet will reinstall as well, although you WILL have to re-enter each credit card’s security code.

IF you are “upgrading” and still possess your old phone, there’s a slightly different - and faster process outlined here:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2022 9:03 AM in response to elidhood

Notes, Calendar, contacts, Photos etc.. that are already synced with iCloud are not directly backed up, but will return once you log in to the iCloud account that holds them.

Email will come back when the email accounts are activated and it can connect to the email servers to retrieve them. The configuration settings for the email accounts re backed up and set back up during data migration.

See here for things that are not included in a backup: link-> Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How can I get all my iCloud info back onto any new phone I receive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.