Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The number of unread e-mails is not showing up on the Mail app on my iPhone.

I just did the new update on my phone. Now the "number" of unread e-mails is not showing up on my Mail app. How can I reinstate this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:35 AM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2022 9:24 AM in response to kskarnes

Hello kskarnes,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities!

Check out the steps below for help with adding the Badge back to your Mail app on your iPhone. This information can also be found here: Customize your Mail notifications on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Change your Mail notifications

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Notifications, then tap Customize Notifications.

2. Tap the email account.

3. Select the setting you want, like Alerts or Badges. When you turn on Alerts, you'll see an option to customize your Sounds by changing the alert tone or ringtone.

If that isn't helpful, let us know if this is happening with the Mail app or a third-party mail app on your iPhone. In addition, confirm that you have badges enabled and let us know how much available space is on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

Have a great day!

Jun 2, 2022 9:59 AM in response to kskarnes

Kskarnes,

Thanks. To get a better understanding of the issue, we'll need to ask you a few more questions.

• Does this issue occur with the native Mail app or are you using another app?

• Do you not have the option to turn on Badges for the app, in Settings? If not, can you verify if the option is missing for other apps as well?

Also, we have a few troubleshooting steps that we'd like for you to complete. They could possible resolve the issue and allow us to determine if the issue is software related:

Restart your iPhone

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Quit and reopen an app on iPhone

We look forward to your reply.

Stay safe and well!

The number of unread e-mails is not showing up on the Mail app on my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.