Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop logs/history - Iphone

Does the iPhone keep a log of images sent/received from/to another phone or laptop via airdrop? I read somewhere that this data is available in the sysdiagnose info in the phone, but only for upto 2 weeks. I’m curious to know if that is true and if true, is it longer than 2 weeks, and if longer, then can a future feature provide data for previously sent/received airdrops? Also why is this not already a feature? What’s stopping apple?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 1:01 PM

aryan99 wrote:

Does the iPhone keep a log of images sent/received from/to another phone or laptop via airdrop?

Not that I've ever heard.

Also why is this not already a feature? What’s stopping apple?

No one here would know why Apple does or does not do a thing. Perhaps they don't consider it important and there hasn't been enough request from users to make them change their minds. You can let them know you think it's important that they consider adding it here:

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 1:01 PM in response to aryan99

aryan99 wrote:

Does the iPhone keep a log of images sent/received from/to another phone or laptop via airdrop?

Not that I've ever heard.

Also why is this not already a feature? What’s stopping apple?

No one here would know why Apple does or does not do a thing. Perhaps they don't consider it important and there hasn't been enough request from users to make them change their minds. You can let them know you think it's important that they consider adding it here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Airdrop logs/history - Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.