Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade ControlCenter app so my printer can work

My MacBook Pro, now upgraded, wont' talk to my Brother printer. Has anyone got a suggestion as to how I update the 'ControlCenter app', in order to support the system to print?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 9:37 PM

peta246 Said:

"How to upgrade ControlCenter app so my printer can work:mMy MacBook Pro, now upgraded, wont' talk to my Brother printer. Has anyone got a suggestion as to how I update the 'ControlCenter app', in order to support the system to print?"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers and macOS:

Have you updated your macOS, recently? What is the version?*** It may not be comp able, as of yet, meaning Canon still has yet to do their part in terms of providing the drivers.

***Go Here: Find out which macOS your Mac is Using - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 9:37 PM in response to peta246

peta246 Said:

"How to upgrade ControlCenter app so my printer can work:mMy MacBook Pro, now upgraded, wont' talk to my Brother printer. Has anyone got a suggestion as to how I update the 'ControlCenter app', in order to support the system to print?"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers and macOS:

Have you updated your macOS, recently? What is the version?*** It may not be comp able, as of yet, meaning Canon still has yet to do their part in terms of providing the drivers.

***Go Here: Find out which macOS your Mac is Using - Apple Support

Jun 2, 2022 12:14 AM in response to peta246

peta246 Said:

"How to upgrade ControlCenter app so my printer can work: Thanks all. Nowt like googling the right query. Reset printer (hidden button), delete printer from puta and reinstall. Bit like turning the thing on and off. As always. Cheers!"

You are welcome.

Getting the Drivers:

Important: Get the drivers from the manufacturer (Canon) and none other. Getting drivers elsewhere may end up with junk files be installed and placed about in your macOS.

How to upgrade ControlCenter app so my printer can work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.