Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password on my phone but now can’t log in on my iPad. What can I do?

I changed my password on my phone but now can’t log in on my iPad. What can I do?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:35 AM

Have you changed your AppleID account Password, or your iPhone Passcode?

If you have changed the Passcode used to access/unlock your iPhone, this will not have changed the Passcode for your iPad. Passcodes are not synchronised between devices - and while you may choose to manually set the Passcodes to be the same, changing the passcode on one will not change the passcode on others.

Your AppleID Password is different. Changing the AppleID Password will affect all devices and services that are signed-in with the AppleID credentials. If you have changed your AppleID Password see:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 1:35 AM in response to J8plus19

Have you changed your AppleID account Password, or your iPhone Passcode?

If you have changed the Passcode used to access/unlock your iPhone, this will not have changed the Passcode for your iPad. Passcodes are not synchronised between devices - and while you may choose to manually set the Passcodes to be the same, changing the passcode on one will not change the passcode on others.

Your AppleID Password is different. Changing the AppleID Password will affect all devices and services that are signed-in with the AppleID credentials. If you have changed your AppleID Password see:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2022 9:18 PM in response to J8plus19

J8plus19 Said:

"I changed my password on my phone but now can’t log in on my iPad. What can I do?: I changed my password on my phone but now can’t log in on my iPad. What can I do?"

-------

Which password?

Perform a New iCloud Session:

Perform the following two steps...

1. Sign Out if iCloud on the iPad: Sign Out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support
  2. Sign In to iCloud on the iPad: Sign In On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Do you mean the "Passcode"? If so, You need to reset your passcode once more. Go here: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support. Important: Once reset, keep a handwritten, hardcopy of it, stored in a secret location that only YOU are knowledgeable of, and only YOU have access to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.