Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My child phone has been stolen so I’m trying to delete it of my family sharing how do I do that

How do I delete her from my family sharing

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 12:48 PM

See If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support. In general you want to block the phone, but not remove it from your or your child's Apple account. That stops the thieves from resetting the phone and selling it on. You would leave your child's Apple ID active in Family Sharing, but perhaps change their password as a precautionary measure.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 12:48 PM in response to tita1982

See If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support. In general you want to block the phone, but not remove it from your or your child's Apple account. That stops the thieves from resetting the phone and selling it on. You would leave your child's Apple ID active in Family Sharing, but perhaps change their password as a precautionary measure.

tt2

Jun 4, 2022 10:05 AM in response to tita1982

Just to clarify Family Sharing, does not apply to specific devices. It applies to Apple IDs. Removing the child from Family sharing as suggested above will remove all of the child’s devices from Family Sharing which may not be the desired outcome.

I would as suggested by Turingtest, set the device to lost mode, and keep the child’s Apple ID in Family Sharing, so other devices they may have and any replacement iPhone can continue to access the Family Sharing purchases and content.

My child phone has been stolen so I’m trying to delete it of my family sharing how do I do that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.