Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly Unable to Access Gmail

As of this morning, I am unable to access my Gmail account through IMAP on my iPhone. My password is constantly rejected. I can access my Gmail account using that same password through a web interface. Something has changed with Gmail, but I don’t know where to look or what to look for. I have an XS.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 9:04 AM

patlaw wrote:

As of this morning, I am unable to access my Gmail account through IMAP on my iPhone. My password is constantly rejected. I can access my Gmail account using that same password through a web interface. Something has changed with Gmail, but I don’t know where to look or what to look for. I have an XS.

contact google support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 9:04 AM in response to patlaw

patlaw wrote:

contact google support.

Jun 7, 2022 3:53 PM in response to patlaw

I have this problem too. Apparently the cause of the issue is this:

"To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, ​​Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.

For more information, continue to read."

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

(I'm using MacOS Mail version 12.4)

Suddenly Unable to Access Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.