Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos recording won't start on one click but may start or stop a Zoom recording!

I often use “Voice Memos” to record excerpts of recordings from “Zoom” with both open on the same screen. Every time I click on the “Record” button nothing happens and similarly with the Play or Pause button on Zoom. A second click even five seconds later works and double clicking works. I think I have the device set up for single clicking (don’t know where - its not under “Mouse” in Sys. Preferences) but it works on opening Apps. in the Dock for example. So maybe the two specified demand double clicking for some reason or perhaps there is some other setting? A probably more concerning issue is that it seems that sometimes clicking on a Voice Memo button restarts the paused Zoom recording. Related?

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 8:52 AM

Hi desm1,

To make sure we're on the same page, for the first click are you initially in the Zoom app, but have the Voice Memo app also visible?

If so, this may be expected behavior as that first click just switches the active app. The "second" click after making Voice Memos the active app, then starts the recording, and vice versa with zoom.

You can always tell which app is the "front" or current app you're in by looking to the right of the Apple in the menu bar.

Let us know if that helps clear things up.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 8:52 AM in response to desm1

Hi desm1,

To make sure we're on the same page, for the first click are you initially in the Zoom app, but have the Voice Memo app also visible?

If so, this may be expected behavior as that first click just switches the active app. The "second" click after making Voice Memos the active app, then starts the recording, and vice versa with zoom.

You can always tell which app is the "front" or current app you're in by looking to the right of the Apple in the menu bar.

Let us know if that helps clear things up.

Cheers!

Voice Memos recording won't start on one click but may start or stop a Zoom recording!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.