Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes songs waiting in the cloud

I have several thousand songs "waiting" in "the cloud". They've been there over 18 months now and no matter what I try they refuse to download. The songs are shown in my library and show as "waiting". Is there anything I can do to force these to download? Using Macbook pro on the latest ios. I subscribe to itunes, Apple Match etc. Wasting my time and money on this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 4:02 AM

Hi,

Are the tracks still on your hard drive? Have you tried removing the tracks then readding them?Have you sighed out of you Apple account then back in? Have you tried selecting update iCloud music library?

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 3, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Some of the tracks disappeared off the hard drive on my applemacbook. I have done a "search" for them in "finder" and it's found quite a few that had for some reason not selected to open in Apple Music. Others have vanished from the hard drive, but may be on a hard drive on a windows machine that I have. In fact I've found quite a few on the windows machine and am trying to work out how to get them back onto the system.

I've had the windows machine working overnight updating from a separate hard drive to iTunes but they don't seem to transfer across to the macbook despite frequently updating the music library on the macbook.

The main problem arose about 2 years ago when apple updated the ios and some older programmes I had wouldn't work with 64-bit. I uninstalled whatever os it was and in the process lost a lot of music. A recovery download found a lot of it, some incomplete, som vanished. I assumed that as the music was "in the cloud" it would be stored there for future use, otherwise how could I listen to a tune on the phone if the original was on the computer? It's taken me over 2 years to get to where I am and am fed up with it, trying to listen to songs that computer says is there with all the details, yet the music is waiting in the cloud. Apple don't seem to have an answer for it.

itunes songs waiting in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.