Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro damage from vibrations

Recently, I got my air conditioning unit mounted and in the same room I had my MacBook Pro 13". For mounting, there were a lot of vibrations but my Mac was on a padded surface. Should I be worried that there is a possibility that damage was made? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 8:34 AM

The MacBook Pro is a lightweight, portable computer that can run on batteries. Being portable, it can easily be subjected to multi-G forces daily, just by being moved about in a completely ordinary way. This is extremely stressful to electro-mechanical equipment.

Drilling on nearby surfaces is not nearly as stressful as being carted around in a bag with a long handle. No need to worry, your Mac was built for much more abuse than you have subjected it to recently. The MacBook Pro is optimized to survive stress and vibration.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 8:34 AM in response to maverick151

The MacBook Pro is a lightweight, portable computer that can run on batteries. Being portable, it can easily be subjected to multi-G forces daily, just by being moved about in a completely ordinary way. This is extremely stressful to electro-mechanical equipment.

Drilling on nearby surfaces is not nearly as stressful as being carted around in a bag with a long handle. No need to worry, your Mac was built for much more abuse than you have subjected it to recently. The MacBook Pro is optimized to survive stress and vibration.

MacBook Pro damage from vibrations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.