Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey 12.1 and later, Bluetooth and wifi issues among others

Okay - can we all agree that Monterey has HUGE issues that aren’t being addressed?

I have a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone 12. Both stay updated. Since about 2 or 3 updates ago, and no matter who I’ve contacted about it or what I’ve done, these are the issues:

• wifi drops randomly, at least a dozen times a day. No, it’s not my router, isp, interference, Apples safe hidden IP mode, none of that. It’s Monterey
  • I am unable to connect my phone to the laptop via Bluetooth. My phone literally tells me that my MacBook isn’t supported. If I try to connect to my phone from my Mac, it acts like it’s going to try, but then it disconnects immediately without so much as an error message. However, both devices will connect to literally every other device I own themselves. Just not each other. That’s a big deal for a lot of people, for a lot of reasons. Regardless of the existence of airdrop. Speaking of which
  • Airdrop will randomly not work. Both devices are on wifi, Bluetooth, airdrop set to everyone, and neither device can see the other.
  • you guys took diagnostics away? Dumb.
  • Audio MIDI won’t connect to my phone as an audio option, even when it’s connected via cable. And while you’re at it, can you just fix audio midi, like overhaul it? It is the most worthless excuse for an audio management center I’ve ever encountered, and it always has been. I use it literally every single day to route audio to OBS and I have to struggle with it every time. It’s never simple or intuitive, and half the time it just refuses to accommodate bare minimum audio management needs.

Im pretty sure there’s more to add, but I’ll leave it there. I always try to push my friends and strangers alike to switch to Apple because I’ve used Apple products since the beginning, and they’ve always been faster, safer, ahead of the game, etc.

But guys - what the **** is up with Monterey? We’re like 4 or 5 updates in and I literally cannot complete my every day tasks. It’s absolutely bonkers my dudes. Even small bandaid patches, or workarounds in the meantime, or just any acknowledgment of this catastrophic OS would be enough for me to chill. But it’s like you guys think everything is fine or something.

Scroll through a few pages of this forum, or Reddit, and it’s all the same stuff I’m saying.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:09 AM

ctzndwn wrote:

• Okay - can we all agree that Monterey has HUGE issues that aren’t being addressed?

I have a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone 12. Both stay updated. Since about 2 or 3 updates ago, and no matter who I’ve contacted about it or what I’ve done, these are the issues:

wifi drops
Airdrop will
you guys took diagnostics away? Dumb.
Audio MIDI

But guys - what the **** is up with Monterey? We’re like 4 or 5 updates in and I literally cannot complete my every day tasks. It’s absolutely bonkers my dudes. Even small bandaid patches, or workarounds in the meantime, or just any acknowledgment of this catastrophic OS would be enough for me to chill. But it’s like you guys think everything is fine or something.

Scroll through a few pages of this forum, or Reddit, and it’s all the same stuff I’m saying.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - current stable release, including bug fixes iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 8:09 AM in response to ctzndwn

ctzndwn wrote:

• Okay - can we all agree that Monterey has HUGE issues that aren’t being addressed?

wifi drops
Airdrop will
you guys took diagnostics away? Dumb.
Audio MIDI

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - current stable release, including bug fixes iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacOS Monterey 12.1 and later, Bluetooth and wifi issues among others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.