Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the email address from other account

I want to change the Apple ID or Email address and it is saying that it cannot be changed. So unknowing is associated with my previous apple account. How do I remove there the account.

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 7:49 PM

Change the old Apple ID account to another email. address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused as an  Apple ID email address for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. You will need to get another e-mail address from somewhere like AOL or Yahoo to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 7:49 PM in response to Community User

Change the old Apple ID account to another email. address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused as an  Apple ID email address for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. You will need to get another e-mail address from somewhere like AOL or Yahoo to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

How do I remove the email address from other account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.