Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when trying to restore data from my old stolen ipad to the new one i get instruction to turn off FIND MY on the old ipad. since I have no access to the old one, what now?

how do i restore new ipad when i am unable to turn off FIND MY on the old one?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 1:15 AM

If you no longer have access to your stolen iPad, see this page:--> remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap "Find My iPad" or "Find My iPod touch." 

But before proceeding, how are you trying to restore data? From a backup? (on iCloud or on a computer)?

Where and when does that message appear? Can you please take a screenshot and show us that message?

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 1:15 AM in response to SanneHitzeroth

If you no longer have access to your stolen iPad, see this page:--> remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap "Find My iPad" or "Find My iPod touch." 

But before proceeding, how are you trying to restore data? From a backup? (on iCloud or on a computer)?

Where and when does that message appear? Can you please take a screenshot and show us that message?

Regards

Giulio

when trying to restore data from my old stolen ipad to the new one i get instruction to turn off FIND MY on the old ipad. since I have no access to the old one, what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.