Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when trying to restore data from my old stolen ipad to the new one i get instruction to turn off FIND MY on the old ipad. since I have no access to the old one, what now?

how do i restore new ipad when i am unable to turn off FIND MY on the old one?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 1:15 AM

If you no longer have access to your stolen iPad, see this page:--> remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap "Find My iPad" or "Find My iPod touch." 

But before proceeding, how are you trying to restore data? From a backup? (on iCloud or on a computer)?

Where and when does that message appear? Can you please take a screenshot and show us that message?

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 1:15 AM in response to SanneHitzeroth

If you no longer have access to your stolen iPad, see this page:--> remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap "Find My iPad" or "Find My iPod touch." 

But before proceeding, how are you trying to restore data? From a backup? (on iCloud or on a computer)?

Where and when does that message appear? Can you please take a screenshot and show us that message?

Regards

Giulio

when trying to restore data from my old stolen ipad to the new one i get instruction to turn off FIND MY on the old ipad. since I have no access to the old one, what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.