Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID on my MacBook Air Version 11.6.6.

Is my MacBook Air 2013 really too old for Touch ID. I've had relatives and scammers access my my computer when I am absent or even in bed with an illness. Why won't my wallet allow me to input my health card and other non credit card or travel passes. I'm an Australian and my Travel Card is not listed.

However I'd be happy if access to my computer could be touch ID and I didn't have to keep changing my password to enter into my MacBook. Please don't advise me to input a complicated password that I am likely to forget or passwords that are so obvious my relatives will guess the password. I have Face ID on my iPhone but nothing protecting my MacBook Air. Can't I at least have FaceID on my 2013 MacBook Air with the latest version of macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.6.

I'd even be willing to trying to download an app but I have noticed most Australian Banks only have apps which will download to my iPhone.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 6:48 AM

Q - " Is my MacBook Air 2013 really too old for Touch ID. "

A - YES

Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip

4 replies

Touch ID on my MacBook Air Version 11.6.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.