Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is “payment not complete” coming up when I try and download a free app?

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 6:34 AM

You may want to check first if there is a pending purchase on your account or if you are seeing a message that you need to update your billing information or if your payment card has failed or being declined

Usually, they are hints that you have a billing issue with your account and that can disallow you to download any apps, even free ones.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

To address this, you may want to reach out to your bank or the card issuer so they can look into the issue on the payment card or you can just add a new payment method. You can also redeem an iTunes gift card.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 6:34 AM in response to CWs_dad21

You may want to check first if there is a pending purchase on your account or if you are seeing a message that you need to update your billing information or if your payment card has failed or being declined

Usually, they are hints that you have a billing issue with your account and that can disallow you to download any apps, even free ones.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

To address this, you may want to reach out to your bank or the card issuer so they can look into the issue on the payment card or you can just add a new payment method. You can also redeem an iTunes gift card.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.