Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Battery | Screen | Notifications

Dear Apple Community,

I would appreciate your help.

I bought my iPhone 13 Pro in November 2021 and I was happy with it until February 2022 when an update came for the iOS. After that problems started to appears:

P1. Battery drain - I unplug my iPhone at 8 am and the battery gets to 30% at 2 pm. I understand that I am a heavy user, using a lot of social media apps, radio streaming, Google Maps, but I don’t think it’s a normal battery drain. I even tested video streaming on YouTube today and for two hours the battery drawn about 20%, see the screenshot attached.

I have this issue for about three months now and I have read a lot of forms and I have tried a lot of solutions but none of them worked for me:

S1. Yes, I have tried network resetting. It didn’t work.

S2. Yes, I have tried factory reset erasing all content. It didn’t work.

S3. Yes, my iOS is up to date and all apps are automatically getting updated with its latest version. It didn’t work.

S4. Yes, I have tried rebooting my phone. It didn’t worked.

Please note that I have tested all these potential solutions during a three months period.

Then comes another problem that I discovered yesterday.

P2. While I was using the app Duolingo during a sunny day of 30°C under an umbrella, the screen started to dim suddenly until the point, that I could barely see what's happening on my screen. And yes my phone was on auto-brightness, which means it should automatically stay on the highest brightness. I continued using it like that and after 10 min. the screen started to increase back to full brightness. After 5 more minutes, it started to go down back. It seems like its sensors were going crazy, even if there were same light conditions. And yes, the screen was clean where the sensors are located. Battery percentage was above 50%.

P3. Notifications - old unsolved issue. I clear the notifications that I don’t want to read from the lock screen and after a while they reappear again. Why? I don’t understand. Another example is: I see five messages on Instagram in the notification centre and I press on one message and I read all of the messages within the Instagram app which means that the other messages from the notification centre should have been cleared automatically. But no. Once I close the Instagram app and look at the notification centre, I see the other four messages still remaining on the screen. Why?

Who could help me with a throughout diagnostics of all this issues?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Roman

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 7:13 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 6, 2022 8:26 AM in response to Roman_MD

Hello Roman_MD,

You're experiencing quite a few issues, and we'll do our best to address each. Please keep in mind that most of our advice will be within articles. We recommend reviewing them each and the steps within. To start, with the usage displayed it looks like expected use on your battery. You can find steps to maximize your battery life as much as possible here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Regarding your second issue, it doesn't sound like it is related to Auto-Brightness. Your iPhone can dim when it is too warm, and this can be expected in certain conditions. Full details can be found here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

With your notifications, the app or apps may be pushing data after refreshing. We recommend ensuring your apps are up-to-date and reviewing your notification settings. Each app is responsible for how notifications are pushed to you, so it may be necessary to contact a developer directly.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Regards.

Jun 10, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Roman_MD

Roman_MD,

Looking at your last screenshots, you have a lot of background activity, especially with the first of the two screenshots. Otherwise, the battery usage looks normal.

Keep in mind that app developers will update their apps after iOS updates, and this could be what is downloading in the background. We'd suggest manually checking for app updates after you finished an iOS update. You'll still be connected to Wi-Fi and power, so you can get them updated without using your battery.

Go to the App Store app > Tap on your profile icon at the top of the screen > Swipe down from the center to refresh > Scroll down to the pending updates section > Tap Update all. 

How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

We also see that you're working with Apple Support. This is the best next step, and you should continue to do so.

Take care!

Jun 10, 2022 7:54 AM in response to mingoslkd

Hello,

Streaming radio or listening music will get you background activity and it's OK to have it.

But it's not OK how fast the battery goes down, while watching YouTube or listing radio online.

And I feel the difference of how fast the battery is draining comparing to the first two months, where I was pleased with the batter lifetime.

I would expect to have at least 8h of YouTube streaming, as I have seen other tests from users. Apple states an estimate of 19h. I will try to do that test too.

iOS and all apps are always on automatic update, so this is not a solution for my case.

Sincerely,

Roman

iPhone 13 Pro Battery | Screen | Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.