Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AC adaptors

I now have three different charger/ac adaptors. Iphone5 Iphone13pro and one for Ipad. Can I use these interchangeably or will I blow out a device?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:14 AM

The iPhone 5 power adapter (5 watts) does not have sufficient power to charge an iPad but you can use larger power adapters such as the one for the iPad on all three of those devices. If you have a 20watt power adapter for the iPhone 13 Pro, you can use it on all three devices as well. None of the devices will draw more power than they are designed for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 9:14 AM in response to 48mao

The iPhone 5 power adapter (5 watts) does not have sufficient power to charge an iPad but you can use larger power adapters such as the one for the iPad on all three of those devices. If you have a 20watt power adapter for the iPhone 13 Pro, you can use it on all three devices as well. None of the devices will draw more power than they are designed for.

AC adaptors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.