Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iOS takes up so much storage space?

Why is the IOS taking up fully more than half of my storage space in my 64g phone?

the listing shows that it is only 8g but it is definitely more. How do I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 2:21 AM

I also have this issue. I’ve tried offloading apps and a few online suggestions on how to clear cache but the issue hasn’t gone away. I’ve also restarted my phone and cleared browser history. I’ve deleted all streaming apps. I’m not sure what else to do

2 replies

Jun 5, 2022 9:55 AM in response to kipj

IOS Size is determined by apple. other things like Caches are responsible for using up a lot of the storage space on your iPhone. Some of the biggest culprits are the caches associated with streaming and social media apps. These apps cache large quantities of photos, audio, and video so they display faster and playback doesn't buffer in ordinary use. iOS size cannot be reduced, whereas caches can be deleted-clear safari cache, YouTube, etc.

Why does iOS takes up so much storage space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.