Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

See Last Location in Find My

I have a MacBook Pro I recently put in Find My, but now it's offline. Why can't I see the last location that device was at last time it was online? When I go to it in find My, just says offline. This is kind of stupid, I should be able to see its last location before it's turned off. Is that possible?

thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:15 PM

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support explains under "Don't see your device?"

• If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 3:15 PM in response to evansdad

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support explains under "Don't see your device?"

• If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

Jun 5, 2022 3:19 PM in response to evansdad

If a device is offline for over 24 hours, its last location is not displayed.

Contained in the Apple Support Article below is the following:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.

See this --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Jun 5, 2022 3:19 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks for the response. I’m trying to tack down a stolen device and it would help to be able to see that last location longer than 24 hours. I have the device in an MDM so I can see when it comes online, but when it does it’s not updating the location. I’m guessing it’s turning on just to check in for things with the lid closed because it only stays on for about 5 minutes then turns off again. Wouldn’t it want to send its location when it’s in that state?

thanks

See Last Location in Find My

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.