Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit won’t let me add apple accessories

I purchased a second Apple TV and my Homekit app will not allow me to add it as an accessory for some reason. I was wondering if it was because I was a member of two “home’s” so I went ahead and deleted the old one of which I was the owner. I am now an “admin” in my roommates home but I am still unable to add my Apple TV. I was able to add my LD Oled to the kit just fine so at this point I’m just totally scratching my head as to how to proceed.

This is probably the first instance I’ve run into with Apple made devices that are having issues talking to each other and not just non-apple products. I’m stumped. I’ve even done the reset for the Apple TV a few times to see if maybe I missed a step during initial setup, but now I’m just starting to get hateful since I wasted most of my weekend trying to fix this instead of enjoying my new tv. First world problems, I know, but the whole point of shelling out for apple’s admittedly ridiculous price premiums is to make sure all of my devices don’t have this kind of issue.

Hopefully someone here might be able to help.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:55 AM

You don't use the Add Accessory route to add an Apple TV. Instead in the Apple TV's settings you sign into iCloud, then connect to HomeKit if it hasn't done so automatically.

tt2

1 reply

Homekit won’t let me add apple accessories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.