Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad is locked and trying to restore it, itunes wants windows 10 i dont

when i put the i pad into the mode of plug into itunes to restore it, itunes says must have latest version of itunes to install os15 or whatever, so i go to get the update and it says it needs windows 10 to do the update. WHAT AM I TO DO????????

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:29 AM

yoJoediD wrote:

when i put the i pad into the mode of plug into itunes to restore it, itunes says must have latest version of itunes to install os15 or whatever, so i go to get the update and it says it needs windows 10 to do the update. WHAT AM I TO DO????????

You don't update the ipad, you restore it to factory settings as outlined here If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 9:29 AM in response to yoJoediD

yoJoediD wrote:

You don't update the ipad, you restore it to factory settings as outlined here If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

my ipad is locked and trying to restore it, itunes wants windows 10 i dont

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.