Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weird shadow on my iPhone 11 display

Weird

shadows on my IPhone 11 Display, I bought a refurbished iPhone 11 from

amazon a few days ago (in Italy), and I noticed this, how do I fix it?

what this is?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 6:54 AM

7 replies

Jun 7, 2022 8:39 AM in response to thaTeoItaly

Hi thaTeoItaly,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We can help you with getting the most out of your iPhone 11. What you may be seeing is a color change, blur or "image persistence". We have some information from our support article that explains this in more detail:

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. At reduced display brightness levels against black backgrounds, you might notice a slight blur or color change while scrolling. These are characteristics of OLED and are normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

This information is provided in About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone.

Cheers.

Jun 14, 2022 7:57 AM in response to thaTeoItaly

Hey ThaTeoItaly,

Is the iPhone clean? It sort of appears this could have been caused by a screen protector. If so, this will help you to clean the iPhone: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone 13, iPhone 12, and iPhone 11 models

These models feature glass with advanced textured matte finishes either on the back glass or around the camera area. With normal use, the textured glass on your iPhone might show signs of material transfer from objects that come in contact with your iPhone, such as denim or items in your pocket. Material transfer may resemble a scratch, but can be removed in most cases.

Clean your iPhone immediately if it comes in contact with anything that might cause stains or other damage—for example, dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or lotions. Follow these guidelines for cleaning:

- Unplug all cables and turn off your iPhone.
- Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
- If material is still present, use a soft, lint-free cloth with warm soapy water.
- Avoid getting moisture in openings.
- Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.

Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic—oil repellent—coating. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone.

Due to the fact you've recently purchased this, it might be good to recommend returning or exchanging the iPhone through Amazon. We'd work with them to discuss your options.

If you don't wish to return it or want to have it inspected: iPhone Repair and Service

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Select your region and search nearby for locations: Find Locations

We'd recommend scheduling an appointment at your nearest Apple service center.

Wishing you well, cheers.

Jun 14, 2022 9:08 AM in response to thaTeoItaly

Hello thaTeoItaly,

We recommend you return the iPhone back to the seller or have the iPhone inspected by an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider as previously suggested.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

weird shadow on my iPhone 11 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.