Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scam?

I have received an invoice from 'The Geek Squad' for $399.00. I have no idea where this originated? It gives a phone number through which I can cancel, however when I spoke with the person at the other end I was told that they had to access my computer in order to cancel.

This appeared suspicious as well they would divulge my bank or account or card that has been used.

As a final point, I live in the UK and have been told that the UK is in any case not covered by the Geek Squad.

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:22 AM

Hello ~ Did you give out any of your personal information? Have you actually checked to see if you in fact have been billed for anything. This is indeed a scam. If you gave out any banking or credit card information please contact your banking institution and credit card company asap. Hopefully you didn’t give out your Apple ID but take a look here:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Aldo take a look here and report them:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

~Katana-San~

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 8:22 AM in response to KrovM

Hello ~ Did you give out any of your personal information? Have you actually checked to see if you in fact have been billed for anything. This is indeed a scam. If you gave out any banking or credit card information please contact your banking institution and credit card company asap. Hopefully you didn’t give out your Apple ID but take a look here:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Aldo take a look here and report them:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

~Katana-San~

scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.