Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Imac closed itself down then refused to start

My Imac closed itself down then refused to start after pressing the on button about 10 times it started with this code Global Reset GRC0

Other the last 2 months or so, my system has been closing itself down and restarting, I have done all of the system checks and startup in safe mode but still not happy.

Any advice would be appreciated as this is a replacement for a Macbook Pro that went terminal after a year. I do photography and need it to run.

thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:45 AM

Unplug the power cord from the back of the iMac for about 15 seconds, plug it back in and try starting. If it starts up then it's probably a failing power supply and will shut down by itself sometime later.

I've had this same problem on a 2014 iMac.

If you determine it to be a power supply issue be sure to make a full and current backup before taking it into an  Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider.  because will will want to erase the drive, install a new fresh system without any user files to confirm it's a hardware problem and not a software one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Barry_

Unplug the power cord from the back of the iMac for about 15 seconds, plug it back in and try starting. If it starts up then it's probably a failing power supply and will shut down by itself sometime later.

I've had this same problem on a 2014 iMac.

If you determine it to be a power supply issue be sure to make a full and current backup before taking it into an  Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider.  because will will want to erase the drive, install a new fresh system without any user files to confirm it's a hardware problem and not a software one.

My Imac closed itself down then refused to start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.