You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay issues with iSO15

After the install of iSO15 my iPhone 10XR and iPhone 12 will no longer connect to apple car play in my 2021 Honda Accord. I have tried 13 different solutions to fix but have had no luck. I contacted Apple Customer support who were less than useless with help and In the end they just opened a case file for me 🤷‍♀️ I spoke with the Honda dealer and they are telling me that iSO 15 does not communicate with Honda link and likely will not until the next honda software update, in a year from now!! My car was sold with advertisement of apple car play, which I’m sure apple created and sold to the manufacturer. How then Is an apple software update not compatible with apple car play a software they created?

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 12:56 PM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2022 12:56 PM in response to JudyRomano

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Apple CarPlay issues with iSO15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.